Archive for July, 2011

Apache AJP reverse proxy

With apache it is possible to have a reverse proxy with AJP instead of http. With the use of mod_proxy_ajp it is very simple to set up and faster than just plain http protocol

<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerName jenkins
    DocumentRoot "/mario/Apache22/htdocs"
    <Directory "/mario/Apache22/htdocs">
        Options Indexes Includes FollowSymLinks
        AllowOverride All
        Order Allow,Deny
        Allow from all
        Deny from none
    </Directory>
    <Location />
        ProxyPass ajp://localhost:8009/
        ProxyPassReverse ajp://localhost:8009/
    </Location>

    SetEnv vhostname jenkins
    Header add X-Server-Name %{vhostname}e
</virtualhost>

Than start the backend server, in this case only with AJP and listen only on localhost

java -jar jenkins.war --httpPort=-1 --ajp13ListenAddress=127.0.0.1

Tags: , , , , , ,

Zend framework lucene UTF-8 problem

I had issues with the zend framework and its implementation of lucene. It saved the values from my UTF-8 database in the lucene files with characters like UTF-8 in ISO 8859-1 like on the search result page. And I wasn’t able to search case insensitive.

I noticed that the apache header (zend server CE) wasn’t sending UTF-8. So I added AddDefaultCharset utf-8 to my httpd.conf. Didn’t help.

What helped: In the Bootstrap.php adding to the init of the search

Zend_Search_Lucene_Analysis_Analyzer::setDefault(new Zend_Search_Lucene_Analysis_Analyzer_Common_Utf8());
Zend_Search_Lucene_Search_QueryParser::setDefaultEncoding('utf-8');
Zend_Search_Lucene_Analysis_Analyzer::setDefault(new Zend_Search_Lucene_Analysis_Analyzer_Common_Utf8_CaseInsensitive());

In the model it is needed to decode it to ISO 8859-1 and than save it as UTF-8. Sounds insane, but it was the only thing that works for me.

$doc->addField(Zend_Search_Lucene_Field::Text('lucene_DB_CLOUMN_NAME',utf8_decode($db_apater_result['DB_CLOUMN_NAME']),'UTF-8'));

WTF Zend Lucene!

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

Archives by Subject:

Archives by Month: