Posts Tagged UTF-8

MySQL UTF-8 fix Umlaute

Geht ziemlich schnell Sonderzeichen zu reparieren in MySQL! Scheiß Encoding! ;)

UPDATE `table` set
    `column`= REPLACE(`column`,"ß", "ß"),
    `column`= REPLACE(`column`, "ä", "ä"),
    `column`= REPLACE(`column`, "ü", "ü"),
    `column`= REPLACE(`column`, "ö", "ö"),
    `column`= REPLACE(`column`, 'Ä', 'Ä'),
    `column`= REPLACE(`column`, "Ãœ", "Ü"),
    `column`= REPLACE(`column`, "Ö", "Ö"),
    `column`= REPLACE(`column`, '€', '€');

Tags: , , ,

Zend framework lucene UTF-8 problem

I had issues with the zend framework and its implementation of lucene. It saved the values from my UTF-8 database in the lucene files with characters like UTF-8 in ISO 8859-1 like on the search result page. And I wasn’t able to search case insensitive.

I noticed that the apache header (zend server CE) wasn’t sending UTF-8. So I added AddDefaultCharset utf-8 to my httpd.conf. Didn’t help.

What helped: In the Bootstrap.php adding to the init of the search

Zend_Search_Lucene_Analysis_Analyzer::setDefault(new Zend_Search_Lucene_Analysis_Analyzer_Common_Utf8());
Zend_Search_Lucene_Search_QueryParser::setDefaultEncoding('utf-8');
Zend_Search_Lucene_Analysis_Analyzer::setDefault(new Zend_Search_Lucene_Analysis_Analyzer_Common_Utf8_CaseInsensitive());

In the model it is needed to decode it to ISO 8859-1 and than save it as UTF-8. Sounds insane, but it was the only thing that works for me.

$doc->addField(Zend_Search_Lucene_Field::Text('lucene_DB_CLOUMN_NAME',utf8_decode($db_apater_result['DB_CLOUMN_NAME']),'UTF-8'));

WTF Zend Lucene!

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

Archives by Subject:

Archives by Month: